Thursday, March 10, 2011

an idea

Yet another idea inspired me today.....in the shower!!!

I took it seriously, as many of the ideas that land on me from...somewhere...I feel inspired!

All of us here in New Zealand have been feeling the pain of our fellow kiwis in Christchurch....there isn't a time I say this that my eyes do not go watery...the pain they are going trough is unimaginable for me...and God forbid you and I experience it one day...

The way they are going trough this days is heroic and admirable.

People are displaying care, love, concern, solidarity, unity, detachment and so many other virtues to a level they never knew they are capable of...

Since the disaster it has constantly been on my mind what is it that we can do as a neighborhood to ease the pain of those affected?


 Yes, we gathered together with friends on the Wednesday after the quake and said prayers . Have been saying prayers myself and sending them thought of love and compassion every time I think of it. Have given the odd donation and planning to make more. Have backed 6 cakes and made a number of hand made chocolates to be sold at the Bake sale this Saturday...but the heart was telling me:..."this is not enough!"

And there it came....in the shower...the idea to start a monthly Inter-Faith devotional meeting in the Pahurehure neighborhood.

As the day went by the idea has crystallized more and  by now have created facebook page for it (inspired by the baking fundraiser From Papakura To Christchurch With Love ) and now this blog.

Here we can record our progress and the evolution of the idea...

here are the steps I'm planning to take on next...

No comments:

Post a Comment